VEF brings Film Innovators in for a Chat, your Invited!
As some of you know, I spent over 10 years in the film production industry. A decade is enough time to see many cycles and innovations.
I learned it takes access to a lot of information and experience to make valid predictions of the state of the industry. With all of the innovations experienced leaders are invaluable for their ability to sense the direction of change.
This is why I wish at that time I had known about presentations like the one happening next week at Vancity Theatre put on by the Vancouver Enterprise Forum (VEF). Vancouver’s specialist in networking. http://www.vef.org/about
The Panel come from innovative areas of film production and each panellist talks with key deciton makers as part of their routine. Check out their bios at http://www.vef.org/events
If you have an interest in understanding the answers to these questions:
- How does Vancouver’s talent measure up on a global scale?
- Are new graduates prepared for the workforce?
- What key technologies are used to create visual effects?
- Have budgets grown or shrunk over the past 5 years?
- How has local government helped or hindered growth?
- What can be done to keep things moving on an upward trend?
then you know where YOU have to be this Tuesday, Oct. 23
If this doesn’t get you in the door…this list will.
Moderated by Bryant Pike, Senior Manager of Canadian Media and Entertainment at Ernst & Young,
- Rick Mischel, Senior Vice-President of Satellite Production at Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Jason Dowdeswell, Head of Production at Digital Domain
- Anne Denman, Director HR & Recruitment at Nerd Corps Entertainment
- Michelle Grady, Head of Film at Moving Picture Vancouver
- Shawn Walsh, Visual Effects Executive Producer at Image Engine
If these names do not impress perhaps their collect portfolio of work will:
1181 Seymour Street
Doors open for registration at 5.00pm,
main presentation at 6pm and
event close at 8.30pm.
An early bird ticket rate is currently available at $45,
please visit our website: www.vef.org for more event details and to register.