Effective Brand Building on Twitter
In my experience, the one mistake continually made is when a business forgets their Brand when they jump onto Twitter. The solution is very simple. First consider hiring an expert like myself, Wildfire Effect Consulting Click for free estiamte. Next follow my five-step checklist. The following Wildfire Effect’s checklist will help to make sure that your brand is getting the most out of Twitter.
Follow me @WildfireEffect
1) Does your profile answer their 1st questions?
On Twitter, new prospect determines if they want to follow you based on your profile.
- Are your company’s values felt in your Twitter profile?
- Do you have a tagline that appears in your Twitter profile?
- Is there a call to action or a hashtag that will initiate a community conversation in your Twitter profile?
Your Twitter profile is your first opportunity to brand your business. Use this valuable space wisely.
2) Did you remember to include a website link in your Twitter profile?
Now that you have peaked the interest of your potential client or customer let them know where to get more information about you via a careful selected URL.
- Is your Landing Page the right place to send them?
- Is your Linkedin profile the right place to send them?
- Is your Facebook page the right place to send them?
- Is your About Us page the right place to send them?
3) Is your Twitter Profile picture welcoming?
Do not forget that Twitter is a human platform. One twitter folks are expecting to have conversations with real people. This includes having real conversation with you. By offering a photograph that has your picture in it you will remind people that they have found a trusted face; the face of a person who is eager to interact and get to know them.
It is also ok to have a logo, but can you include a photo of the person tweeting with the logo? Immediate ideas include the following:
- Wearing a logo T-shirt
- Holding a logo sign
- If you have no logo. Consider a picture of you simply doing something that your Brand would encourage customers to do. For instance, enjoying the coffee that you sell.
Remember goal of your profile is to engage your twitter followers.
4) Your Twitter profile’s background image and theme – does it reflect your Brand?
There are customized Twitter background images that you can purchase; a google search will bring you to several. But all you really need is a jpeg image. Consider having a Wildfire Effect helping you with a custom background graphic.
Also do not forget your Brand’s colors. This is an easy way to make a big difference on twitter.
5) Is your brand in your content?
There are unlimited opportunities to demonstrate your Brand in your content. Ask yourself, what is the core of your brand?
- Does your Brand inspire others?
- Does your Brand teach others?
- Does your Brand guide others?
- Does your Brand improve the quality of life for others?
- Does your Brand offer efficiency or savings to others?
Live your Brands words. Offer twitter content that reflects your values.
If you have a tag line consider how many ways can you say it.
Do this simple exercise
- First, pick up a piece of paper and write your tag line.
- Now re-write your tag line a new way by imagining that you are talking to a friend explaining the concept.
- Repeat this as many times as you can. See if you can keep finding ten new ways to re-phase your tag line.
Always be on the lookout for appropriate opportunities to re-state your brand when you are engaging with your Tweeps.
So if you are new to the site – Please make an effort to let me know what you think by commenting below or contacting me on Twitter. I always follow back, publicly and graciously. http://twitter.com/wildfireeffect