N2Camp-Tips, Tricks and Timesavers- Using Images
I had the opportunity to speak on Productivity Tips, Tricks and Timesavers at a very Successful ” Unconference” designed to focus discussions about socialmedia and its use in non-profits. Seach for the #N2Camp tag to learn about the topics discussed. More at http://netsquaredcampvancouver.wikispaces.com/Schedule
1ST thank you to the participants who attended my session and for those that contributed to the discussion. I will be adding the below tools and more to the socialmedia database in the category of productivity.
Photo by Ariane Colenbrander (on Twitter @arianecdesign)
I focused the discussion on 3 areas. Socialmeda timesavers, Collaberations tools, and Photo organizing.
3. IMAGE Time savers
Organize Photos files:
Graphic converter has saved me on countless occasions. The worst thing about finding the right photo file is remembering which belongs to which event. Graphic converter is inexpensive product that allows you to rename a batch of images. It also will Open and save almost any picture file format, help you edit and organize your pictures. Stop clicking and start a slide show.
If you need to get a ton of pictures out – and fast - you can use these tools to create a sharable show
- Picasa, part of google applications will let you store folders to share or email a slide show.
- Flikr is well recognized as a place to share pictures with others and house yours. It is so readly used that you can find integration with many services such as wordpress. By searching creative commons you get a filter that is essential in finding what you can use fast.
- Animoto will take your favorite photos and create a creative video for you thats easy to share ( I made a FREE example)
Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.
The power of an online url that connect to you is limitless!!!
To Find free images
In Canada- the photographer has the rights- so the key is to get permission.
- Flikr- creative commons area
- Photobucket - it easy to contact the photographer
- Picapp has a free option
- Corbisimages- Advanced search filter will look for Rights Free, RM or contact photographer for a quote
- Twitter uploaded photo sites: Twitgoo, yfrog, twic.li/, Flickr, Mobypicture, Posterous SmugMug, ow.ly,. Twitpic (remember to reply to the photographer for that Ok- with twitter you will bypass the agent, and the delay)
For more tips, check AND ADD TO out the Social media database